I Need to Hear Your Thoughts
These are extraordinary times!
The state borders are closing, schools are beginning to close and hospital staff are bracing for the worst case scenarios. Essential service staff may not be able to provide ongoing care for their kids during these times of crisis, and their grandparents are unfortunately too vulnerable to be exposed to young children.
Kin’s focus has always been to help families by providing trusted carers quickly, and with a community of over 400 Kin carers, we have the skill set to help those who need it most.
However, the health and safety of our carers and customers is paramount.
How Carers Can Protect Themselves
Protecting your own health (and the health of families you visit) is critical while we do our best to flatten the curve. Here’s some key points that I want you to know:
- Ensure you wash your hands on arrival and departure from a house.
- Please don’t hesitate to cancel a job if you feel uncomfortable attending; ensuring you have a discussion with the parent prior to cancellation.
- Neither you, nor the family, should have been overseas within at least 14 days.
- Neither you, nor the family, should have a temperature or a respiratory illness in the last 14 days.
- Take your own temperature prior to attending a job to ensure you don’t have a fever.
- Report any suspicions or concerns you may have to me so I can escalate if required.
- If you no longer wish to be listed, request your profile is temporarily removed by e-mailing me.
Further information can be found here. This is a dynamic situation and I value your prompt responses and essential feedback.
I appreciate there is a lot going on and lots of uncertainty. However, I welcome your thoughts as nothing is too brief or too long winded. Some examples of your feedback include:
- I want to removed from the Kin platform as I am not comfortable attending other houses.
- I would like to volunteer my time to healthcare professionals.
- I would like to continue working whilst I am able.
I will keep in touch over the comings days & weeks, but please don’t hesitate to call me at any time on 1300 332 045 to discuss.
Stay safe & healthy,
CEO | Kin Sitters